Nailah Blackman Sydney Live at Prescription Nightclub
DateNovember 23, 2018
VenueThe Med Sydney
Location31-33 Oxford Street Surry Hills, NSW 2010
Introducing Nailah Blackman, Caribbean singer-songwriter.
Nailah Blackman is born out of the rhythm of Soca. From the twin isles of Trinidad and Tobago, this talented artist’s goal is to take Soca music across the world and Sydney, Australia, is next in line with a historic first.
Friday the 23rd of November 2018, Nailah will be performing in Sydney Australia as part of a Trinidadian style event, aka “Fete”, where party, dancing and Caribbean deejays meet a live concert showcase, for a highly entertaining evening.
Nailah Blackman is the grand-daughter of the genre Soca, and the essence of this music runs through her veins. Her late grandfather ‘Lord Shorty I’ creator of the genre , dubbed it “SOKAH”; fusing the soul of calypso (SO) and (KAH), representing ‘divine’ in Hindi, creating a unique beat of African and Indian influences. Nailah continues to pay tribute to her family’s musical roots while also distinguishing herself as progressive and exciting artist.
Nailah has been immersed in music her entire life and is an accomplished musician, not only classically trained in voice, but also in various instruments including the guitar and keyboards.
She fuses her native genre of Soca with reggae and dancehall and has collaborated with well-known artists such as Tarrus Riley and Shenseea.
She has amassed a number of remarkable achievements including:
- Over 33 million song views since her breakout in 2017
- Workout (12million views)
- Baila Mami (9million views)
- Baddish (5 million views)
- SOKAH (4million views
- O’lawd oye (3 million views)
- BET award nominee for Best New International Act 2018
- Best New Soca Artist nominee ‘Your View Awards 2018’ in Jamaica.
- Winner of Groovy Soca of the Year at the International Soca Awards 2018 in St. Lucia with Song ‘Baila Mami’
- Showcased at SXSW(South by Southwest Festival), Austin Texas 2018
- Nailah’s song “O Lawd Oye” was selected as the top 10 songs to listen to by npr.org.
- Interviewed for The Stream, Al Jazeera’s live stream show viewed by over 300 million households across the world.
Rich musical talent, fresh, playful yet strong willed, mature and hard-working, Nailah is destined for certain stardom.
Details of her show can be found at: Eventbrite
Interview Hot 97 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSNUSSLiwa4
O’Lawd Oye https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6XTTHm98PQ
Birthday Song feat. Ding Dong https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2UgpmPtfSo
Dangerous Boy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saaoAAXuE_c
Badishh feat. Shenseea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heQY8otg6YA